Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

  Our Halloween was pretty low-key this year.  I spent the night before making treats for my work party and Dallin carved my pumpkin for the contest.  He did a great job making a Jack Skellington and we even found some ivory paint laying around and painted him.  We took 1st place and won $25 buckaroos!

Dal and I didn't dress up to pass out candy but we dressed Mags up!  She was a fairy this year.  We had the tutu from my brother-in-law's wedding and I spent all last weekend running around trying to find wings.  I found these for $10 at Target that matched perfectly.  She was a really good sport about wearing her costume for about 15 min.  Then she started chewing the ends of the wings and they are kind of bent like a hook so they'd get caught in her jowls and she'd just chew, chew, chew away.  I finally took it off of her before any of her little dog friends came Trick or Treating and figured pictures would suffice.

We used our $25 prize winnings to order pizza since I didn't feel like cooking.  The poor Papa John's guy got swarmed by Trick or Treaters when he pulled up.  I guess they have candy in their car they give away?  I don't know.  But it was a nice night and I just couldn't get enough of my cute little fairy pup.  Next year she'll probably be spared the humiliation as we'll have a little baby to dress up!

No comments: