Sunday, October 7, 2012

**Week 19

This post is a little late...

Maternity clothes - been wearing the jeans more and more.  Shirts are getting a little tight but I think I can get away with them for a while.  The thing that concerns me is that most of my maternity shirts are winter shirts/sweaters since that's the season we're approaching and I don't tend to get as cold as easily as I used to.  I have this built-in little oven so I may be wearing t-shirts all winter.

Cravings - Nothing in particular this week.  One weird this is that I did eat popcorn for breakfast one day.  Don't judge, it was the only thing that sounded good.

Symptoms - Still been having those itchy patches.  Called my doc and they said to try a mix of things or go to an allergist.  The Health Spot said it's because I've been eating dairy, sugar and processed food.  Well, what on earth am I supposed to eat then?!?  They said veggies.  HA!  Like that will fill me up and I get soooo hungry.  She said to try Triscuits and apples.  Well, that is all fine and dandy until next week when I can't stand the sight of them anymore then what do I do?  She said just do the best I can, but that's what I am doing so...I actually went and got an ice cream cone afterward in spite (to spite?) of it all.  And you know what?  It was delicious and made me feel better!
Profile with hands
I also got a wicked migraine this week.  I've never been one to get migraines until this baby.  I was THIS CLOSE to puking and dragged my butt to bed and slept for an hour and woke up feeling like a new person.  So grateful it happened at home and not at work.

Exciting thing this week - Seeing one of my good friends from Logan who has a little 7-week-old girl and knowing that'll be me soon enough!  Also got signed up for our birthing class - Dec. 1!

Hand and arm bones
We also had our second study appt. this week!  After three tries, they again failed to draw my blood but succeeded in blowing my vein again and made my hand swell after a painful attempt there.  But it was all worth it to get to see Baby Girl again!  She started karate chopping me when they were poking around.  I didn't feel her though. :(  Blasted anterior placenta.  Will probably still be another couple weeks.  We did get to see great views of her hands and fingers, bones in her arms, heart and stomach and liver, piggies and even a little ear poking out!  Baby ears are my favorite.  All furry and squishy.  I can't wait to nibble on it!  She was also confirmed to be a girl and we could see the eye sockets, nose and little mouth that she kept opening and closing like she was talking to us!

To do - Get through Maggie's surgery and keep it together.  Write a couple thank yous.  Cave in and go get new bras. :(

1 comment:

rozanny said...

(Cave in... the new bras are SOOOO worth the comfort...)