Saturday, October 13, 2012

Holy Smokes

I went to the Carrie Underwood concert with my brother and sister the other day.  Holy cow, can that girl SING.  This isn't the first time I've seen Carrie and I was glad she didn't disappoint once again.

This new country guy, Hunter Hayes, opened for her and my sister was such a spaz.  I've never heard that she even liked him but she was swooning and bouncing and was going crazy.  I'm really glad I brought ear plugs.
Then it was time for the main act.  Carrie came out to a video of tornados, naturally, since it was the Blown Away tour.  The only bummer was the one song I love that had been stuck in my head for days (See You Again) she didn't sing. :(  But she was amazing and gorgeous, as usual. We left during the last song of the encore to miss the nightmarish traffic that comes with a show at the Maverik Center and made it home in record time.  Which was good since it was a Wednesday night.  I can't remember the last time I went to a concert on the weekend, it's like the don't exist.

See that big yellow thing on her left ring
finger?  Yeah, that's her wedding ring.
But we had a really good time. I'm always up for a good concert and it seems like I haven't been to one here in SLC in a while.  I'm anticipating a lot more fun ones next year though, if I can sneak away and leave a new baby.


No comments: