Friday, October 12, 2012

Halfway There ** Week 20

Wow!  I'm halfway there.  Never thought I'd see this day, on so many levels.  But here we are!  Hooray!

Maternity Clothes - still loving my jeans where I don't feel so constricted and can move.  They kind of like to slip down a little so I have to adjust a lot.  I haven't worn any maternity shirts yet, just my normal stuff but I'll be retiring quite a few shirts.  My dad commented that I'm starting to look pregnant.  I'm glad since now I hopefully don't just look fat!  Been having some serious self-image depression issues this week.

Cravings - still soup and sandwiches.  Have yet to find one that really hits the spot though.  Anyone know where I can get some killer potato soup?  Today my craving is Thai so I went and got some but I think they forgot my spring roll. :(  Really bummed about that.  Found the spring roll tucked in the rice, just about cried!  McDonald's too.  But I've gotta give that up as I've gained 2 pounds.

Symptoms - I've felt human this week!  Probably the best string of days I've seen in months.  I've had little headaches but started going to the chiropractor and that has helped a lot.  Today I haven't felt wonderful but I think I'm just really tired.  Late night, mid-week, concerts will do that to ya.  That's another post though.

I had an allergic reaction on my ring finger which led to a near disasterous wedding ring incident which involved cold water, soap and a lot of creamy lotion so my ring is off and I'm too afraid to put it back on.  I got a cheapy at Target to suffice.  The allergic reactions have decreased a lot so I have no idea what they were all about but I'm not chancing any more finger swelling incidents.

I've been super hormonal, emotional though.  Probably cried more than I haven't this week.  A combination of lots of things going on and stressors and then all those darn hormones.  It's like I can't stop!

Exciting thing this week - 20 week ultrasound!  Baby was a stinker (again) and we were told such by the tech (again) so she couldn't really confirm it was a girl but we've had lots of other times it was confirmed so we're sticking with it.  They measured all the organs and her head (still a big noggin!) and everything looks great.  She's just a few days bigger than normal (11 oz.) and it's crazy to think I have a 10.5" long baby in my belly.  I don't know where it's all fitting.  I think she flipped Dallin off in the ultrasound, we had a good laugh about it.  My mom says she looks like Dallin and he was offended that she thinks he looks like an alien.  hahaha  Still such a miracle that one little cell has made bones and kidneys and brains, totally blows my mind.  We are soooo blessed for a seemingly healthy little one.

Also, Mags is doing well after her surgery.  It was a stressful week for all but we are so grateful.

We've also started reading to the baby, been one of the highlights.  More on that later too.

To do - I think I'm going to wash all my doors tonight.  Can't have baby coming home to dirty doors!  And get some sleep this weekend - hopefully - no more back sleeping for me!  Also, start cleaning out the nursery.

1 comment: