When I was crazy busy at work this summer I was hoping for a down day. That finally came in August and hasn't gone away. Since students come to us looking for school in the fall, marketing goes way down. So here I am, week 4 of absolute boredom. I don't know how I've survived really. There are only so many Minesweeper games you can play. So my boredom has resulted in information seeking. Usually I'd shop while I was bored, I think free information seeking is cheaper, unless I choose to follow said information.
1. I've decided to look into a Master's program at Westminster. I actually have an appointment with them today to get more information. I was talking to a friend who just enrolled in the Public Communication Master's and I checked it out and it's the only program I've seen that actually looks interesting. Editing, graphic design, the like. I'm not convinced the price or time-commitment is right but I may as well check it out.
2. I made an appointment for Lasik. Yesterday was the last straw with my contacts. They were so sticky and my eyes hurt so bad, probably from allergies, and my contacts were not helping. Every day I have to clean them again because there is a fingerprint or smudge or something. The thought of going swimming and not having to worry about them or rubbing my eyes when they itch is just too tempting. I'd like to say goodbye to them once and for all.
3. I've almost decided on what to get people for Christmas. This isn't anything highly unusual as I usually have my shopping done by Halloween but this year, with my list I made due to boredom, I actually have an idea of what I'm going to get before I actually get there.
Needless to say, I'm so looking forward to Labor Day so I don't have to sit at work and entertain myself. I can be at home and entertain myself just fine.
2 comments:
you are right, those are expensive things you have found in your information seeking. At least we have our Utes to keep us busy!
You'll have to let me know how the Lasik appt goes. I'm excited for you! That's cool about the masters program too. How long is the program?
And I'm so jealous about you being done with Christmas, or at least ideas. I never know what to get people and I surely never get any shopping done by Halloween. I should make that a goal. :)
Post a Comment