Thursday, August 27, 2009

Accident

As luck would have it, my titles this month revolve around the letter "A" so I luckily did not have to come up with anything creative for this post. I got in a fender bender on my way home from work today. I had barely left and made it about 1/2 block when a nice BMW hit me from behind. The light had just turned green and I was waiting for the motorcycle man in front of me to go. She said she saw the cars around us start to go and she just started going. We held up traffic for some time while we waited for one of Salt Lake City's finest to show up.

Over 1/2 hour later a police officer became avaiable and was sent to our aid. He was nice guy who wasn't in any hurry (took us an hour to finish). After taking our information he noticed that me and him have the same birthday so he treated me like best buds thereafter. The funny thing about police reports is that they make you describe, in words, what happened then make you draw a picture. You all should know that I can't even draw a stick figure. People find this interesting since I'm in graphic design but the computer does all the drawing for me. I can come up with concepts just fine, my hands just don't cooperate. He told me not to worry and showed me a picture drawn of an earlier accident where the car looked like an alligator. I did my best. I am beginning to think they make you draw pictures just for their own enjoyment and to humiliate the artistically challenged - lol.

The lady who hit me was nice enough. She thanked me for being cool about the whole situation and I told her I was just appreciative she stopped. I've seen my fair share of hit and runs and I'm glad I don't have to pay for this one out of my own pocket and I'll actually get a rental car while mine is getting fixed. She must have only been going 10-15 MPH when she hit me because we had just barely started up but it was fast enough to rip her license plate off and did give me a little whiplash and my neck is a little sore. I'm just glad no one was hurt, it wasn't my fault, and it really wasn't a big deal. Guess I'll start the insurance red tape in the morning.

7 comments:

Tyler & Shannon Higgins said...

glad you are ok!!!

Suz said...

I am so sorry. At least today is Friday. I'm glad your okay and that she stopped. Hopefully your car will be fixed soon.

Maria said...

What a disaster, but I'm glad it wasn't serious...and that she stopped. :)

Christy said...

Oh no! That stinks! I'm just glad it wasn't serious.

rozanny said...

I'm glad you're okay too. Accidents aren't fun no matter how small they are. Thank you for being patient with everyone too though!

Joshua, Taire and Eliana said...

WOW... I'm sorry about the accident but the cool thing it's that a BMW hit your car. LOL JK.
I'm glad you"re ok and I'm so happy I got to see you last saturday! XOXO

d.r. gib said...

seeing other cars move is always a good reason to start moving, wow! People are so lame.

We are going to the game. We sit in the northwest corner about 10 rows up from the portal. SO EXCITED!