Nursery was a nightmare yesterday. We had fewer kids than normal, but none of the oldies but goodies were there. We were inundated with new kids who's parents are transitioning them. Fun. It started off ok with the normal screamer. I left and walked the halls to find his parents and in the meantime he settled down so I took him back. It must be his nap time because he just snuggled and was alright. Then the bishop's son did NOT want to be in nursery. The bishop finally had us guard the doors and ran out while his son hung from the door handles trying to escape. He screamed, and screamed, and screamed. He finally came over to scream in my dress which muted the situation but left me covered in snot.
His tantrum left all the other little kids quite unsure. Cute little Tyler kept saying, "Sad? Sad?" but more about him later. Then the whimpers began from all the others. In between Sunday School and classes, moms like to peek their faces in the window. It's not my favorite thing but is usually ok. This set off an utter riot as one mom came in to get a screamer and FIVE of the seven started screaming. I thought it was funny and laughed until I realized I was probably laughing so I wouldn't cry. The kids have NEVER been like that. Luckily, some moms came in and helped calm them down since I had four kids clamoring for my lap. Yikes - not a fun day. Bubbles didn't even make them happy.
So that was our hardest day yet. But I love them still. Cute little Tyler has a beer belly and is Dallin's favorite (I know, mean, but we have favorites). He is just a chill little guy and usually just stands around for 2 hours observing the situation with his sippie cup and not a peep. Today he walks in and starts talking! He tells Dallin hello and starts chatting with him. The kid was speaking in sentences! "I pop bubbles", "I color", etc. WHAT?! He was trying to help me calm the kids and would hold on to Dallin's finger and drag him around the room. Dallin loved it! Then he would go up and hug Dallin's leg. I thought my husband was going to melt. The ones used to nursery saved the day from being a complete and utter disaster. At least we're not in the older nursery with the hitters, but that's another story...
2 comments:
Well you were bound to have a nightmare week sometime. We've had plenty of those over the last 2 years. No more though. We got released on Sunday- sort of out of the blue. They just told us half way through the nursery hours that they were releasing us that day. It was a little unsettling but nice since we'll be having a baby in roughly 30 days. Yikes! That's cute about Tyler and Dallin.
amy! oh nursery. so hard. honestly one of the hardest callings! you and dallin are awesome!
Post a Comment