I just wanted to post quickly about my running. In no way am I posting this to brag but just to document how far I've come. After many weeks of physical therapy and still running in pain, I think my knees are finally there (knock on wood). Last week I flat-out ran 5 miles with no problems whatsoever. Yesterday I ran 4.25 miles and my knees feel great, even today.
A few months ago I was barely able to run a mile without feeling exhausted. It was just a frustrating thing for me because I used to run at a 7.0 for 30 minutes with no problem. I got pretty down on myself. While I'm not quite up to running that fast again, I have definitely increased my distance. I finally feel strong when I get off the treadmill instead of like I'm going to die. :) While the weight isn't coming off yet, if I keep it up it has no choice, right?
Now I am able to do sprints (still makes my legs sore) and my lungs don't explode and I don't cheat like I used to when I ran. I used to hang on to the sides for the last 10 minutes or so when I got tired. But this time when I started running again, I decided if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right - so I don't hang on at all when I run now.
So I've come along way. I just want to tell my body that I'm happy with it for pushing through and making progress even though my clothes still don't fit. It did give me a good excuse to go buy some new cute ones though. And now I know I can do it and make my body do things that were hard for it, and with time, it all gets better.
4 comments:
I guess I don't stick it out enough. Runners make it look so easy but when I try, I can't make it down the block!! Maybe if I can be as strong and determinded as you I will be able to do it. It's just pushing through it thats hard for me. Good job!!
That's awesome! I wish I could push myself that hard.
Good for you! I am so not a good runner, but I have come to enjoy it when I stick to it for awhile. I like to have a goal and reach it - that seems to be the joy I find in running, not necessarily the running itself. It's frustrating when you have a physical limitation so I'm glad your knees are doing better now. Yay to running!
That's such a good feeling! Congrats and keep up the good work. Your heart will thank you even if your wardrobe isn't.
Post a Comment