Monday, July 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

After two long weeks, Dallin is finally home. He seemed to have a good trip but by the end was ready to sleep in his own bed and not have to hang out with the guys from his work anymore.

We had a really good time in Seattle. I flew in Wednesday night and Thursday we met up for lunch (after I ran 5 miles!) and then I went shopping while he went back to work. I had a REALLY good time shopping. :) Nordstrom Rack and H&M were my favorites. We did have a Loft you could see from our hotel room which I also had to check out. That night we went to a Mariner's game and scalped tickets which ended up being on the first row behind the Ranger's dugout (see the picture above!) They were great seats and I even got a foul ground ball off of Ichiro's bat. I'd always wanted a ball from a game and this was even a MLB game!


Friday Dallin went to work and I worked out and met him for lunch again. Later that day we went on an underground tour since current Seattle is built on burnt-down Seattle from the 1880's. Seattle was basically built on logging and prostitution so it was kind of a weird tour. We went out for a really nice dinner that night and had fun spending the day together.

Saturday we went to Pike's market and watched them throw the fish, then we went to the Aquarium and went to lunch at the Spaghetti Factory - the second one ever built. Then we took a harbor cruise around and got to see the beautiful skyline. I ended up getting sunburned. It was like 85 and hot the whole time I was there (except Sunday, it was rainy and a little chilly). Then we were beat and took a nap and went to Fox Sports Grill for dinner and to watch the UFC fights.

Sunday we walked to the Space Needle and the Experience Music Project Museum where they had Michael Jackson's sequined glove and a Rock Band type area. We played the bass and drums. Then it was time for lunch and for me to head to the airport. Sad! It was so good to spend time with him. Luckily the days went by quickly even though the weeks dragged on.

We celebrated our 6 month anniversary while he was away too. He sent me this beautiful bouquet of flowers (sorry the pic is sideways). I can't believe how fast the time has gone by - and I'd do it all over again!

1 comment:

sexychoco said...

Love the pics! Sounds like a great trip!