Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August Rush

Is the summer flying by for anyone else? Maybe it's just due to the cold weather of last weekend, but I've noticed some of the leaves are already starting to change colors. As fun as that is, I'm sure I'm still not ready for winter.


Last weekend we partied hardy for my mom's 50th birthday. My dad and I were co-conspirators of a "surprise" party she found out about one hour prior to the big event. It was kind of hard to make it surprise when she saw us decorating and bringing in a cake. She took it really well even though we went against her no-party wishes. I was just scared she was going to cry and the she was actually filled with smiles and laughter as she got to catch up with old friends.
I'm so glad my mom has had 50 great years and more than half of those with me. She is such an ispiration and role model to those around her. Happy Birthday mom!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Happy birthday to your mom. Cool that you planned a party - even if she found out at the last minute. And yes, I feel the same way. August really did seem to fly by. It's insane that the end of summer is here and school starts on Monday. YIKES!