So this week I got invited to play in a golf tournament at Thanksgiving Point for work. I was pretty excited to get out of the office but baffled as to why they invited me. I guess my dear, sweet co-worker told them I golfed. Um, the last time I went was at least seven years ago. So I was super nervous because they all golf and I was the odd man out and was going to stink it up. I prayed REALLY hard. And you know what? I did really well. I had some awesome drives but my second and third shots really needed some work. I won a chipping contest at a hole sponsorship and almost won a sleeve of golf balls for driving onto the green on a Par 3 (I missed it by about 5 feet). I think I was more proud of myself for not crumbling under the pressure than anything but I attribute my "natural talent" to my prayers. They even liked me so much they invited me to be on their team and we're playing 18 holes next Wednesday! Luckily my boss who is "pretty good at golf" (according to the same, misinformed co-worker) was worse than me so I think that helped me relax. It was a good workout and I'm happy to keep playing. One lady on our team told me that if I practiced a little, I'd be awesome so maybe I'll just do that.
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law started taking this core class at the rec center and invited me to join them. The first session was pretty hard but I woke up in the morning with no pain so I was disappointed in myself for wasting $5 and not working hard. The pain set in later that afternoon. I couldn't laugh, sneeze or cough without holding my tummy. Ouch! Last night I trekked over there to the class by myself and they are so lucky they missed it. I told
Dallin it may have been the worst thing to ever happen to me. The
pilates combination we did was killer. She said we have to exhaust our muscles so they break down and rebuild new, stronger ones. Exhausted was a light term, I couldn't even show
Dallin the moves we did after it hurt so bad. The real pain hasn't set in yet but I'm waiting...I can feel it coming. The next time I want junk, remind me of the pure misery and hard work I'm putting myself through to get skinny again. It's not worth the cheeseburger. But it might still be worth the pumpkin pancakes at Village Inn:

If you aren't on the death
regimen like me, I highly recommend them. :)
2 comments:
If you want someone to golf with, I enjoy it... even though I stink!
Aims, you didn't tell me you're going to the Rec Center!! Are you talking about the South Davis one? I go there all the time. We should do classes and stuff together. GET A PASS!! :)
Post a Comment