Monday, September 7, 2009

Best Birthday Bash

My birthday started out awesome. Dallin and I slept in and were lazy getting up and going. We got ready and went to brunch at Village Inn. Just this week they brought back their pumpkin pancakes and it was the highlight of the morning. You must try them with the yummy caramel sauce on top! Mmmm...

Then I met up with my mom and sister for pedicures. My mom missed the wedding pedicures because she was in the hospital with my brother. So she made it up to me for my birthday. We had a really fun, relaxing time. I hurried home to meet up with Dallin so we could go to his parents' and watch the BYU game. He was kind of being slow to get there and I was so stressed out that we were going to miss kick off because I know how much he hates being late to games. As we're running down the stairs to the theater room, I'm met by, "SURPRISE!" It's amazing how many things, and nothing, can run through your mind all at one time. Shock, disbelief, utter confusion. "Why are these people yelling surprise?" "Why are my friends here?" "Where did they park?" "Why didn't my mom tell me about this?" "Did Dallin know?" "Does it smell like bacon?"

My cute husband and awesome best friend had put together a surprise birthday party for me! I've never had a surprise party before and didn't know how to react. I guess it was priceless and the hideous picture will not be posted on this blog. My father-in-law grilled his famous hot dogs and hamburgers and I got to hang out with family and close friends. It was really so thoughtful and sweet and totally a surprise!

Dallin did have the game on inside so he did get to watch it. I was happy to have a giddy husband after the game. So it was pretty much the best birthday ever. I was spoiled beyond comprehension and surrounded by so much love. Twenty-eight is already awesome.

3 comments:

Megan and Cory said...

I'm SOOO sad I couldn't make it, I really wanted to be there but I was sick this weekend :( I'm so glad you had fun though. Happy Birthday!

Ann said...

"Does it smell like bacon?" BWAHAHA! That is the funniest thing that could go through your mind at that moment. haha. I might pee my pants! HA!

Maria said...

Wow! What a fun birthday. Marcos would never be able to pull off a surprise like that! :) Good for Dallin. Happy 28th, girl!