Friday, December 21, 2012

**Week 30

Maternity clothes - I wore a few things and finally started wearing the maternity bras.  Mainly because I only had 1 regular one that fit and needed to wash it.  The maternity ones are pretty comfy!  Glad for the switch.  Now that I only have 10 (!) weeks left, I may start wearing more and more of my maternity clothes to get some use out of them.

Cravings - still been eating oranges and clementines.  I've gained about as much weight this past month as I have all the months previous but I've just been so dang hungry!  Trying to be careful though.

Symptoms - Some heartburn.  I think the Relaxin has really kicked in and my joints are pretty sore.  Thought my extra-stuffy nose and sore throat were from my pregnancy-induced nasal congestion but I'm actually fighting a cold.

Exciting thing this week - I think the baby got the hiccups.  Dallin was feeling her and we were both like, "what is she doing in there?!" It was a strange rhythmic wave.  Also, I've been running on fumes but I made it through and my office is closed until Jan. 2!!  Eleven whole days of freedom - I've been living for!  We've also started practicing carrying a dolly around to get Maggie used to something small and with a different scent.  It was a disaster.  She's too smart and immediately knew it was plastic and started pawing at its face and trying to eat its foot.  It was pretty funny though.  Once we get a car seat and stroller we can start practicing with the dolly in there and let her get some sniffs out.  Luckily she is really gentle with real babies when they are around.  She's definitely figuring out something's up though.  Oh!  And some guy at my work who's wife just had a baby asked me if I still had six months to go.  Guess I'm not in "whale" category yet!

To do - REST, get a massage and enjoy time with our families for Christmas.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Love your green top! I'm glad you made it to the break. If. Only it were a longer one!