Maternity clothes - I may be changing my tune about maternity garment bottoms. I put on the one pair I have the other day and they were actually really comfortable and fit over my swelling belly without leaving a weird line that looks like it is cut in half. The weird line also just makes me look fat, not pregnant because the roundness isn't there. I think I may have to buy more. Still rationing the maternity shirts - didn't wear one this week.Cravings - I had a really weird one for pink lemonade this week. For a couple days, that's all I wanted. It actually still sounds good. I'm not really a lemonade person so it was really uncharacteristic for me and so I know it definitely was pregnancy-related.
Symptoms - One I haven't really talked about that has been going on the whole time is nasal congestion. With my body creating so much more fluid, a lot of it is in my nose, which leads to some horrible snoring at night. Poor, poor Dallin. He's probably had more sleepless nights than I have. Sorry babe!
I've also been getting some leg cramps while I sleep that will wake me up and I have to flex my foot. Heartburn also makes an occasional appearance. Had a couple days I didn't feel great and was a little nauseous. But that could be from the INSANE HUNGER I also had a couple days this week. I haven't had hunger like that. I've been hungry in the early stages, but unable to consume much, but it was crazy the amount of food I ate. Baby must be going through a grown spurt. But I think that's maybe what caused the nausea...
Exciting Thing this Week - Our marathon birthing class last Saturday! Seven whole hours. These were Dallin's notes:
Video (SCARY!)
He leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "I'm sorry." The video was fine, all computer graphics until, all of a sudden, there is an Asian lady full on giving birth. Yikes! And what's better is Dallin's ex-girlfriend was one of the nurses in the video. I guess we should be grateful it wasn't her giving birth. But we got a tour of the units and nursery and it was good to see where to go and what we'll be doing where. Also gave us some good ideas on how to make up our birthing plan to make sure we get the experience we want. We just have to remember to "shake the pickle!" (That is what the instructor told us to do to get the baby down into the birthing canal in the right position before getting the epidural). Kind of a big inside joke now.
I also did my glucose test on Thursday. Haven't gotten the results back yet but it really wasn't as bad as people said. I thought it was going to be awful but it wasn't bad. I'm not going to say that I'd drink it every day but I had no problem chugging it down. Once it hit my system and I felt like I ate 10 donuts is a different story. Sugar doesn't affect me much but I was strung out! Then I felt like crap.
Also decided on a car seat!
To Do - Get Christmas ready to go! I think I have a good idea on who I want for a pediatrician, just need to run it by Dallin and call and give them the heads up.
1 comment:
You look so little and cute! I can't believe you're 28 weeks!
Post a Comment