Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

This Christmas has felt a lot different to me.  I feel a sort of kinship with Mary this year and have spent a lot of time dwelling on her divine mission of bringing the Savior into the world.  I can't watch the Church's "Nativity" commercial without being reduce to sobbing.  My worry is about my birthing plan and all going well and smoothly and in the video, she meekly walks into the stable surrounded by bleating animals and probably a lot of poop.  And there, in the humblest of circumstances, gives birth to the most important human being to ever walk the Earth.  My heart aches a bit for her and tries to empathize with what she went though.  I'm sure I'm far off from ever feeling an ounce of what she did but she still experienced the miracle of birth that I am so looking forward to.

No comments: