Thursday, July 30, 2015

36 Weeks **Baby #2**

Symptoms: Fingers are like sausages.   I can't even wear my big, fake, pregnancy ring anymore.  My feet are pretty good.  They looked normal until I put on a pair of normal flats and they were tight so I know they're a bit swollen, but nothing like with Zoey.  Still quite tired, can't eat as much and have bouts of nausea and dizziness.

My blood pressure continues to fluctuate.  I had to have it checked 3 times at the doctor's office this past week before they let me go.  I am also dilated to 1 cm and 25% effaced!! This is great news to me since I was 0 cm and 0% effaced at 37w5d when Zoey was induced.  Glad things are progressing!

The slightly disturbing news is that baby is sunny-side up/posterior.  He is head down but not facing the right direction.  I'm praying REALLY hard he'll turn or it could make labor even harder than it is already.  Some babies turn at the start of labor or before.  If not, they can get stuck and result in a c-section; or their heads come out forehead first making their head seem a lot larger than it is (my babies tend to have large noggins on their own) and causes horrific back labor and LOTS of long pushing; or the doctor tries to put their fingers around the baby's head as it's crowing to turn them which they told me is quite unpleasant - since labor is super pleasant already.  Prayers are appreciated!

Cravings: Ice cream maybe?  I don't feel like eating much.  Nothing sounds great.

Clothes: Same - maternity.

To Remember:  They did an ultrasound my last appointment to check for baby head down.  He is, luckily.  You could see him with his fingers up by his mouth, not sure if he was sucking on them or not. You could also see his arm bones and a chubby little arm!  Confirmed he is, indeed, a boy.  The appointment went quite long since I came in not feeling great, then laying on my back cut off my circulation and I thought I was going to pass out.  So we had to take a break.  They were nice to print out some ultrasound pictures though, even though they are almost indecipherable.

To Do: Make sure the Pack n' Play fits in our room.  Finish packing up my bag.  Write some thank you notes.


1 comment:

Suz said...

Almost there! Seems like we have been pregnant forever...but at the same time there is so much to do before these babies arrive.