Symptoms: Hands are swollen. My hips and belly ache and are sore. Physically exhausted, I really need a nap to make it through the day. Blood pressure continues to fluctuate. Still measuring a week and a half big. I had some of the worst heartburn I've had in my entire life the other night. I feel like I have a short fuse and get angry quite easily and that switches to tears even more easily. But overall, just so, so, tired. I'm really slowing down.Cravings: Strawberries and cream. Orange sherbet. A Coke.
Clothes: Maternity. Remember how I said the baby hated the support belt I found? Well, I figured out I was actually using a postpartum belt...no WONDER he hated it and was getting so squished. I just found the actual maternity belt and I feel like it's almost too late to even worry about it. Bummer.
To Remember: I overdid it this week. It's crunch time. I took Zoey swimming a couple of times.
I decided to take her to the Handcart Days parade. We only parked a couple blocks away but I had the diaper bag, a bag full of food, a drink tray, 2 metal folding chairs, her plastic chair and trying to herd her, I was nearly in tears by the time I arrived at our (sunny) spot. I was so grateful when Dallin showed up. I knew I needed to take care of her in the heat but knew I also needed to take care of myself. The parade was pretty lame and I set up a spot in the shade next to a building off the street. She didn't seem to love the parade too much either. It was also a late night to watch fireworks (2 nights in a row) but I was glad we just went up the hill and parked on the side of the road so we didn't have to fight traffic and got home super early. That night I crashed so hard. I haven't slept that soundly since I gave birth. I didn't even hear her scream out at 2:30 a.m. I have NEVER slept through her screaming. I vaguely remember Dallin saying something about screaming and apple juice but he was an angel and got up with her because I was delirious. I'm so bugged at people in our neighborhood who have insisted on doing loud fireworks until 11:30 p.m.
Zoey has decided that street fireworks scare her and she only likes the big ones far away so our 24th celebration got cut short a little too. I wasn't that sad about it after flying, burning, pieces of fireworks kept landing at our feet.
My sweet mother also came over and helped me go through my baby boxes and organized my storage room that was a disaster. I also got our new printer set up and downstairs cleaned up for the most part. Getting things crossed off the list!
To Do: Finish packing my bag. Make sure the baby's pack and play fits in our room or we need to figure something else out. Need to get my rocking chair cushions reupholstered. I also want to clean out the fridge and get it wiped down (along with the fridge in the garage). I'd love to get my file cabinet organized and things shredded but that's not imperative. I want to buy a baby book and also some crayons and a coloring book to relax me during labor.
1 comment:
Ada doesn't like fireworks up close either..
Post a Comment