Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Activities

For a family night, we did some egg dying.  I tried to keep her away from the dye and just let her color on an egg with one of those clear crayons then dyed it for her.  She didn't seem that excited. We let her put a bunch of stickers on an egg and that was a little more exciting.

We went to the Bountiful City hunt and enjoyed a nice walk down there and back.  They did hunts according to ages but that didn't stop every kid of every age and size participate each time.  It was a hard for the little ones to even have a chance.  She got a decent amount of eggs but they had candy in them that was probably too hard for her to eat.  After a super long line for the bounce house (but luckily sidewalk chalk to play with along the way) she had a BLAST jumping and bouncing.  Maybe we'll have to get one an have a 1/2 birthday party or something.

We also went to an egg hunt up my Mueller Park.  The lady tried to start the hunt 10 minutes early but luckily didn't.  She even got backlash for starting it right on time since it was over in 1 minute.  Zo got some eggs and some had little toys in them that she enjoyed.  They even brought the Chik-fil-a cow, which absolutely terrified her.  After some negotiation, I ended up with a free frosted lemonade which is my most favorite thing ever right now.  Every time we pass Chik-fil-a now, Zo says, "No cute Chik-fil-a cow."  We've scarred her for life.

We went to a hunt at Smith's Marketplace and they had it broken down into age groups which was awesome.  They filled a whole aisle full of candy and just a couple eggs.  We got one egg and it was for a free box of fruit snacks.  Zoey refused to pick up any candy until I opened a sucker for her.  This hunt lasted a while as the kids were small and slow.  She wasn't too enthralled with the candy and just wanted to munch on her sucker so I threw a few in her basket and that was that.  She's now obsessed with blue dum-dums.  "Blue ucker, mommy?"

At the last minute I took her to a hunt on the lawn of the Bountiful Tabernacle.  It looked like a TON of eggs but with 4-year-olds in her age group, the hunt lasted about 30 seconds.  They had the best candy at this hunt, which I have enjoyed.  There was actually the Easter Bunny there and she was so scared she wouldn't pick up eggs.  To scar her even more, to get her to take a nap or wear pants, we threaten her that the Easter Bunny will come if she doesn't do this that or the other.  Nap time had been horrendous for a while and now she'll close her eyes and be out like a light in seconds.  I know it's horrible, and I tried to feel bad about it but I just don't!  It's so nice to not have to fight and I don't care if she hates the Easter Bunny!

The Plaizier's did their annual hunt and Zoey got to do her own hunt this year.  There were a couple dozen eggs just for her to pick up and she got the hang of it real quick and enjoyed it.  Her basket was almost too heavy for her to carry at the end.  She got lots of candy and got to exchange eggs for toys.

Dallin and I did really well in the adult egg hunt.  I was surprised how many eggs we got, especially since it's a little hard for me to bend over as of late.  I was out of breath by the end!  This family tradition is my favorite.  I think I even enjoy it more than Christmas.  We got a ton of great gift cards and some for baby things so I'm excited to go shopping and eat out.

We also enjoyed listening to conference when our toddler complied.  There were some really poigniant messages that we needed to hear and loved feeling the Spirit.  I was able to go down to Women's Conference with my mom and Suz and there is just something so special and spiritual about being down there.

We are so grateful for our Savior's sacrifice and Atonement.  Our family has gone through some things that no one knows and we feel so blessed to have the Savior to look to and to know someone else has been there too and understands our feelings and can make our burdens lighter.  Easter is such a special time for me because of that.


No comments: