The anxiety (which I mentioned before) has also been C-R-A-Z-Y. I think coming off the Zoloft when I was first pregnant with Zoey helped me a lot. This time I've been a raging, hormonal, anxious mess. "I'm not feeling enough symptoms." "I feel horrible, I can't do this." "My symptoms disappeared, the baby is gone!" "I'm not tired enough!" A never-ending not-fun cycle of craziness.
I haven't felt QUITE as sick this time around. I have not been living on Zofran. I've rationed it mainly because it backed me up (not quite true, that is just a fun side effect I get regardless) but did cause headaches. I still get the headaches (read: migraines) but they are not as frequent as when I was taking Zofran. My nausea did start to subside after week 11 which was awesome since it took until week 16 last time.
My itchy palms and feet have started at week 14-15 so I'm doing my liver supplements. They help marginally. Blood work is all clear currently. I've had sore nipples the whole time but the sore boobs didn't kick in until week 12, about the same time I quit taking my Progesterone supplement. And they are SORE! I ended up getting a yeast infection in my mouth from my steroid inhaler. It was HORRIFIC! It made everything taste even worse than it already did! I could only eat something once then could never eat it again it tasted so nasty (even Coke!) I finally got meds for it after I thought my stomach was going to pick up and leave my body it hurt so bad (the infection had travelled down there) and am doing better. My digestive tract is an absolute mess though. Sometimes my stomach hurts for no reason, my intestines hurt and pretty much quit working at week 11 (again) and I'm on a regimine of pro-biotics after prune juice just wasn't cutting it. Being pregnant is cute, huh? I feel like heartburn started on day 1 and I'm quite literally an oven. I've been getting so hot in March so I'm in big trouble. Luckily I just got the a/c fixed in my car, never been so grateful!
I've had the perpetually stuffy nose but then did eventually get a cold which knocked me on my butt - hard. Weeks later, I'm still not completely over it. The fatigue hasn't been quite has terrible as I remember it, but I think it's because I'm used to feeling fatigued with a toddler. Plus, I don't have to get up and go to work quite as early and can sometimes nap with Zoey. I try not to nap anymore because I wake up feeling terrible and then I have a hard time falling asleep later that night (darn anxiety insomnia!) But sometimes it just hits me and I can't keep my eyes open for the life of me. I have a REALLY hard time waking up in the morning. I also got the awesome flu which was horrible and I guess my immune system is really sucking.
I've had citrusy cravings, mainly lemon lately. I haven't done much about it but drank about a gallon of lemon water at Cheesecake Factory the other night. I also tried the frozen lemonade at Chik-fil-A and it was heavenly! As mentioned, Corn Chex and peaches have been my go-to and one of the only consistent things I could eat. My pre-bedtime snack (to get me through the night) has been double noodle soup - also a consisten staple. I've eaten a bowl almost every night. Fritos are seemingly the only thing that could calm my queasy stomach. Awesome, I know. I'll have sips of Coke for fun and to help my headaches. 7-Up is so good right now, you know, the lemon thing. I think I'm finally starting to get sick of double-noodle soup after eating it for 4 months straight. I still haven't hit the honeymoon phase of the second trimester. Still waiting for more energy and my appetite. I have been doing some nesting and cleaned out 2 pantries. I find if I eat too much sugar I feel terrible so I've been focusing on eating lots of protein. Hope my gestational diabetes check in 6 weeks comes back normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment