We have a fun announcement to make! Baby #2 will be joining us in August. Expected due date - Aug. 27, 2015! I've told people now but I haven't made it Facebook official as I've been really gun shy since the miscarriage last year and this one has been not a smooth sail, thus my anxiety levels are crazy.
I found out I was expecting Dec. 18. I had taken a pregnancy test (too early) a few days before and it was negative so when my cycle didn't start (cycle was off in Nov. and I was MAD!) I decided to take a test just to be sure. I was SHOCKED! I've always wanted to tell our families I was pregnant on Christmas and couldn't believe this was my chance! I decided to also hide it from Dallin since we weren't really doing gifts, I thought this one would be fantastic. I was ecstatic! I called my doc the next day to schedule an appt and voiced my concern since the failed pregnancy. They ordered and HCG and Progesterone blood test which I had to sneak away to at LDS hospital since Dallin was home for the holidays. I got the results later that day and my Progesterone was awesome but HCG was only 104. I was concerned because at that point with my last 2 pregnancies, my HCG was around 1300. But everything I read online showed that was in range for 4 weeks pregnant so I went on my way. Monday the doctor's office called and told me I had to go back because HCG tests are pretty useless without another one within 48-72 hours to make sure it was doubling. The nurse was pretty negative about how low my levels were. I was a wreck. I had to sneak away again (before a family party) and go get my levels drawn again. I kept calling the lab (too soon) for results and I finally got them and they were 424. I knew it wasn't super high but it had at least doubled/tripled so I knew that was good. The doctor confirmed that so far, so good. The whole issue with the numbers really took the wind out of my sails. I was so so excited then kind of devastated and felt so alone since no one knew what was going on. I slowly allowed myself to get excited again, especially since Christmas was in just a couple days.
I was so glad to convince Dallin to celebrate our little family Christmas on Christmas Eve because I wasn't sure I could keep the secret for one more day! I had told my mom the night before because I had some questions. It was priceless to watch him open the present and I'm so glad I got it on video! He is so excited. I explained to him the blood numbers and we decided to tell our parents that night (no big, fun announcement) just because we could use the extra prayers and fasting. They were all really excited but I cautioned them to be cautiously optimistic.
I had an appt at the Health Spot on the 30th and since I was such an anxious mess they drew labs again just to calm me. My anxiety was so bad I was having panic attacks and insomnia which is super unpleasant when you're so exhausted from baby buildling anyway. With the holiday I had to wait many tense days until the results came back at 10,680! I was shooting for 3,000-6,000 to feel more comfortable so I was thrilled! For a week at least.
On Jan. 8 I woke up to pee and noticed some light spotting. I lost it. I couldn't go back to sleep. Dallin went to work and I called my mom, I definitely didn't want to be alone. I called the doc and they got me in for an ultrasound that afternoon. It was a horrible wait. My dad gave me a blessing and you know what? Everything looked great on the ultrasound! Baby was measuring 2 days small (and has consistently been), heart rate was in range and there were no bleeds they could see. Fluke I guess? Infection?
As I started to get comfortable again in the coming week I spotted again exactly a week later. I didn't want to pay for another hospital ultrasound so I scheduled one with the Health Spot that Monday. Another long wait through the weekend but little peanut looked just fine on Monday with no signs of bleeds and heart rate had increased accordingly and still measuring 2 days behind - no big deal.
I was excited to finally make it to my first doctor appt on Feb 2 and everything looked good. Baby only measuring 1 day behind and heart rate 176! I was just upset when they peeked in that the baby didn't move AT ALL. They told me it was probably sleeping and it's rare to see a 10 weeker move anyway and that's what I've been going on as I awaitecd my next appt on March 3. I have Zoloft in my possession and am struggling as to what to do with it right now. I want to but I don't. I know I need to take care of myself and this anxiety is really starting to effect my quality of life
So our big ultrasound is on April 10th where we'll find out what we're having. I may wait until then to make the full announcement to the world. We're really excited and Zoey always talks about "Mama, baby, tummy." After one ultrasound she also tried to pull down her pants and was pointing to her tummy saying, "baby." She'll be such a great big sister and such a help! We're stoked!

No comments:
Post a Comment