Friday, April 10, 2015

Zoey's First Haircut


We finally got an appointment to chop off the straggles and rat tail.  Zoey had so much hair when she was born and never really lost it but it's never grown great either.  It's really fine and recently has been rubbing off in the back or coming out in big chunks if I put a barret or elastic in it.  I noticed she's had dandruff/cradle cap on her scalp so I haven't styled it at all as I've been trying to get rid of that and she has an appt with the dermatologist to see why her hair is so brittle and falls out.

We took her to Cookie Cutters and that place knows what they are doing!  But before we even started she kept telling me she was all done.  She sat in an airplane and watched Curious George while I distracted her with everything possible.  She got a cute A-line cut.  It's short but at least she doesn't look like a ragga-muffin anymore.  She has this slight wave to her hair so the longer parts tend to look a little funny sometimes but it's at least better than it was.

When she was done they gave her a blue sucker (hooray!) and a yellow balloon.  She was going to go down their slide but chickened out.  She thanked everyone and told them all good bye as she left.  She's so dang polite and adorable.  She told everyone, including our neighbors, about her haircut and yellow balloon, like she enjoyed it or something.  Sounds just like her experience with Santa Claus...

No comments: