Friday, April 10, 2015

It's a Boy!

I had my 20 week ultrasound Friday, April 10.  I was an anxious mess.  With how everything started with this pregnancy and my anxiety throughout, I was just so nervous there was going to be something terribly wrong with this baby.  I feel so incredibly blessed to say there is not.  At least not visible on an ultrasound.

 
Dallin, my mom and I were all there.  We/I had decided beforehand to let Dallin have a little fun and find out the gender himself then we'd all find out at the party.  I had prepped the box beforehand so he just had to go buy the appropriate color balloons and seal the box up.

Every time the tech was getting to that area she'd have me close my eyes and my mom turn around and point out things to Dallin.  The baby was in a bit of an awkward position with it's head on my hip bone which made seeing it's brain a little difficult.  The gender was hard to tell also.  She told him one thing then after a while made me close my eyes again, and then later, again, then later again.  Come to find out, she initially told him it was girl then changed it to a boy!  She told us that the cord was in the way so then she changed the gender.  I thought this meant for sure she had mistaken the cord for a penis and that it was a girl.

Same profile - Zoey top, boy bottom
After a potty break, the baby flipped over and she was able to see it's brain and get all the images she needed.  The baby kept it's hand up by it's face and was only semi-cooperative (just like Zoey!).  The best part was the profile that was a carbon copy of Zo, with the forehead scoop and cute little button nose.  With the same profile, I thought it was a girl again.

The radiologist came in and said everything looked great and we told her we didn't want to know the gender then as she's poking around she says, "She has these cute little lips."  She then says she assigns a gender to a body part and kept back-pedalling so much I thought for sure, again, it was a girl.  My mom did too.

I ordered sugar cookies from Dick's in blue and pink and they were so delicious.  I generally don't like sugar cookies but they were yummy.  I told everyone to be there on time because it was killing me to wait any longer, I'd already waited 20 weeks!  (I don't do surprises).  So after Zoey's haircut we ran to Taco Time since I really wanted a taco and they were sooooo slow.  When we pulled up to our house, every member of our family was there waiting on the lawn for US!  Ooops.

We went in, chatted for a minute, ate some cookies, got cameras ready and opened the box and blue balloons popped out!  I was SO surprised!  I couldn't believe it.  As I was about to open the box I thought I saw a blue balloon but thought, "No, there's no way."  My mom was so surprised too.  Everyone was so excited!  We're thrilled to have one of each.  I didn't care either way because I LOVE having a girl but Dallin does need a little boy to whomp on since Zoey doesn't appreciate it too much.  And, I'm sad he's teaching her wrestling moves.

Creepy 3D, upside down
She's pretty excited about a baby brother and talks to him all the time.  It's exciting to finally say "him" instead of "it."  He's getting stronger and kicks me all the time.  I recently had this craving for mango which I normally don't like.  That's been one of my biggest cravings to date.  Been trying to grab some little boy stuff here and there as we go.  It's fun to shop!  Excited to meet our little man in 4 short months!

1 comment:

rozanny said...

So exciting! Congrats!