Thursday, January 31, 2013

Final Pregnancy Thoughts

I kind of had an epiphany today.  At 34 weeks I could pretty much be having a baby in a month or less.  6 weeks - no more.  I won't be pregnant anymore.  It almost seems foreign to think of having my body back to as my own.

As hard as pregnancy has been, I've never taken it for granted.  I was always acutely aware of the miracle I was carrying and felt so much closer to my Heavenly Father.  I always had a constant reminder to have an attitude of gratitude through the good and the bad because I know what it's like to be on the other side of things and my heart continually aches for those still struggling.

I've sat here today with the baby having the hiccups for the third time and I'm just so, SO grateful.  Grateful to be able to feel, physically and emotionally, the actual growing of a human being.  Sometimes I step back, in her quieter moments, and picture her receiving her last lessons and instructions in the pre-mortal existance and even playing at the foot of God.  How truly humbling and sacred an experience.

I feel like I am in the midst of the most important thing I will ever do.  I am a small part in something that is so much bigger than myself and has such a bigger purpose than I can even comprehend.  I haven't had that feeling since my mission and it's wonderful to have that Spirit carry me day in and day out.  I will miss that - no doubt about it.  And if we are blessed with another child in the future, that feeling is something I anxiously await.

No comments: