Maternity clothes - Still have a some non-maternity ones that fit so I've been using those. Also found a few other ones in my winter clothes closet so I may not need to wear my maternity ones for a bit longer. I did cave and get new bras during Black Friday and I'm kind of excited about them. I think they'll be a lot more comfy. I also got a couple new maternity lightweight sweaters that are super cute too.Cravings - nothing in particular. Been eating a lot of Fruity Pebbles for breakfast though, those seem to hit the spot. Breakfast is my least favorite because I'm the most hungry and am not a huge breakfast food person. I don't like to feel that heaviness in the morning but have to eat a ton to feel ok, so it's a bit tricky.
Symptoms - This week has maybe been the absolute hardest. I've been battling that kidney pain and the baby and I had an epic battle of prime real estate, also known as my bladder. She camped out there and when there is two pounds of body on a little organ that's not used to being squashed, let's just say it wasn't pretty. I was in tears for days not knowing how I was going to handle the pain for 15 more weeks while she also played soccer on my kidney. The pain relievers helped that but there was no relief for the bladder. It constantly felt like I hadn't peed in days (the urge was that intense) and then nothing would come out and nothing felt better. Wednesday was awful at work as I laid on my office floor trying to squish her out and also doing pelvic tilts and cat/cow yoga poses. When I finally got her to move I didn't dare move because I couldn't endure her slipping down there again. I called Dallin desperate after my mom suggested a maternity belt. It was his day off and he ran out and got one and brought it to my work like the saint that he is. And you know what? It's helped tremendously. If I'm on my feet too much I can feel her slipping down, down, down and I hurry and put it on to keep her in place. The back support on it has helped a lot and eased some other aches and pains and gratefully spared my bladder. I haven't worn it for a few days and have been ok but you can be sure I'll be keeping it handy at all times. Also been keeping Tums handy for random heartburn flareups.
Exciting Thing this Week - Dallin was able to feel the baby's little kicks which means she's getting bigger and bigger! She also enjoyed her first Thanksgiving meal and has been really wiggly the last few days. I also got a lot of things added to my registries at Target and Amazon.com - finally buckled down and just made some decisions. I also finished most of our Christmas shopping and got our decorations up!
To Do - Figure out the car seat situation still. And figure out the inflammation in Maggie's leg to get her better. Vet thinks she'll never be 100%, and we may have to do steroids to keep everything in check but I'm entertaining the thought of trying essential oils on her since steroids have some nasty side effects. I need to get a few more gifts and figure out what to do with one of my Christmas crafts, I'm at a bit of a loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment