I've had this post tossing around in my head for a bit now. After my kidney/bladder pain the other day this kind of kept coming to the front of my mind. I was in so much pain I didn't care anymore. It was selfish and I just kept thinking, "This baby has to come out NOW, I can't handle this anymore." Guess it's good prep for labor right? I had to keep reigning in the thought of delivering a 26 weeker because 1. My doctor would laugh at me for being such a weakling, and 2. It's not about me anymore. But all I could think about was helping my body get out of pain.
That's when I recalled the scriptures about the weakness of the flesh. How fragile our bodies really are. But how strong and able they are one the other hand. My body's been doing amazing (and crazy) things the last six months which have amazed me. My 89-year-old grandpa just had a Pacemaker put in too. His heart is tired but then his body pulled through the surgery like a champ and he feels like a million bucks.
And then there's poor Maggie. Her inflammation is back. It's contained in the joint capsule so it's not bulging out her skin but it's pushing her knee cap out of place again. We did a steroid shot which seems to be helping significantly (with awful side effects. Thirst = more peeing and insatiable hunger). So we're probably off to see the specialist again, maybe get a second opinion and I've been researching essential oils for dogs online to try and give her a more natural approach as to not destroy her liver. (If anybody knows much or knows somebody/vet who deals with oils in dogs, I'd be interested in talking to them). He knee is so bad but her body just keeps going and going and she is so mentally tough. I need to take a lesson from her.
So those are my random thoughts for the day.
1 comment:
I agree, it's hard to get past how we feel to enjoy what we are doing sometimes, but I think you're doing great. My pregnancies were really easy until the last month (I have SI joint dysfunction because of overexercising as a teenager... so my hip goes out and I have a hard time doing stairs. I have to sit and scoot down the stairs if it's particularly bad), but all of my labors are hard. 28 hours for my first (I was so tired and sore that I didnt really want to see the baby at first. I felt like I was a lousy mom but I've turned out okay), 18 hours for my second, and 16 1/2 for my third. I had more patience during my second and third labors because I knew what was going to happen and knew that I would rather have the baby than not. My sister in law has really easy both... from the time her water breaks she has her babies within 45 mins. She never gets epidurals because it isn't worth it to her. I have to or else the nurses can't do what they need to do... ie: two of my babies had cords wrapped around their necks that had to be unwrapped before the baby could be born.
I was wondering, did you want a Moby wrap. I have a green one that I've used a couple of times but never got the feel of. You're welcome to it if you want.
Post a Comment