Friday, November 9, 2012

**Week 24

Maternity Clothes - My shirts are starting to get snug and short.  I wore my first maternity shirt today (see above) mainly because I wanted to wear something new.  The colder weather may entice me a little more to wear my shirts since they are all long-sleeved (mostly).  I like that they are long and for the most part, don't require an undershirt.

Cravings - Root beer and green apples are a staple.  So weird.  I didn't really even like apples until I got pregnant.

Symptoms - Still some headaches.  The arches of my feet are getting miserably sore so my terrific hubby rubs them for me.  I've also been fighting some really dark demons this week - depression, anxiety, self-esteem, despair, being overwhelmed, etc.  But I'm working through it.  Also, I'm constantly on the verge of tears.

Exciting Thing This Week - Could see the baby moving from the outside!  My tummy was bouncing all around.  Dallin felt her too!

And my brother gets home from his mission today!  SO exciting!  Makes me reflect on my mission and when I got home almost 8 (!) years ago.  I'm so proud of him.  He's had some rough times but hung in there and is such a strong person from it all.

To Do - I've got a lot of things researched this week and some decisions made, now it's just a matter of implementing them.  Still need a car seat/stroller decision.  There are so many options!

1 comment:

rozanny said...

I love how you do these journals! It will be fun to look back on in 10 years. Just as a note on the depression, a LOT of mothers experience depression during pregnancy and usually if you do you're more likely to have post partum symptoms. I did with two of my three. It was worst after my second. I counted the seconds til my husband got home. I was very emotional, and my sisters and friends were the best help ever. But looking back on it now, I remember it being so much harder then than it feels like it was from this perspective. I'm sorry for the hard feelings, I know that you know they'll pass... but if you want a play day to take your mind off them just let me know!