Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Posh

 A couple of weeks ago we ventured down to experience cITy Creek.  I have been waiting many years for this mall.  I was finally feeling good enough and could wear real pants out in public so we headed to the Gateway for sushi then over to City Creek.  Dallin's work parking pass drops us off conveniently a 1/2 block away and is FREE.

We went to look around with our friends Ty and Shannon.  The second you step foot into it, it's like you're in a whole different world.  California, maybe?  The tall buildings block the mountains and it is as clean as Disneyland.  There is even a dress code.  We stopped first at H&M.  Did a little damage there.  It was crowded but not as bad as we anticipated.

Then we went in search of Tiffany's.  The Holy Grail.  See that bright blue in the picture?  I couldn't contain the excitement and giddiness it instilled in me the second I laid eyes on it.  TIFFANY'S in SALT LAKE CITY.  We waited our turn until the guard let us in.  They don't let you enter if someone is coming out, I guess so the doorway isn't crowded.  You're blinded by sparkle the second you walk in.  The lights, the diamonds, there are no words.  It will make even the lowliest of diamonds shine under those lights.  We went toward the back of the store where there is a big picture window...overlooking the temple...how incredible is that?!  If I could get engaged all over again (to Dallin of course), I would want him to do it in Tiffany's with the temple in the background.  Scenes of "Sweet Home Alabama" ran through my head.  "Pick one!"

We walked through some more and went into Coach just because we could.  We also walked through the food court just to see what was there.  Kneaders desserts were calling my name but it was my first day on my diet so there were no treats for me.  I can't wait to go back and experience it again!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Posh is the perfect word to describe it. I loved it!

rozanny said...

They have an H&M?! Can't wait to tell my sister!

Suz said...

I can't wait to see it!