Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pancake

Today I had the pleasure of putting my chest into a machine and getting it smashed to smithereens. To be honest, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. But 17 lbs. of plastic pushing down on tender parts didn't feel that great. Flat as a pancake, I tell you. I should get results in the mail in a week or they'll call me before if there are any concerns (we don't anticipate any, this is just so I have a baseline). Hopefully I won't have to have another one for a long while. I had the screening done up at Huntsman. Such a beautiful building. You can't help but feel hope while you are there and every worker I encountered was friendly and greeted me. One thing that struck me there was as I was leaving, there was a girl, about my age, with a bald head and a scarf over it. It made me SO grateful and thankful for my health. I am truly so blessed. Update on my supplements - I'm getting them down without gagging. I actually started taking 2 scoops of whey instead of 1/2 and it was much more tolerable. I think it was the almond milk making me gag. I've NEVER been a milk girl, the taste, the texture, ew. So the 2 scoops make it thicker like a shake so I'm doing alright. I'm feeling really good, a lot of energy, not dragging-in-my-shoes tired anymore (that in and of itself is worth it), and my anxiety seems to be doing well. I'm only down 1/2 pound right now but it's a good exercise in self-control. It's something that I desperately needed. I don't feel weighed down by all the crap I was eating. Sometimes what I wouldn't give for a Coke or a cupcake, or even a little piece of Easter candy but I haven't touched soda in 10 days or sugar in almost a week. Hopefully this will help me realize my self-control again and eat for fuel, not just for fun. Hopefully it'll pay off in the baby department soon too!

1 comment:

rozanny said...

I agree... I don't almond milk... soy is better tasting to me but brings a bigger risk of cancer... and rice milk tastes better but nutritionally doesn't really bring anything to the block. Coconut milk is better for you, but is higher in fats... luckily they're the healthy fats but for me in particular... have to be careful with even those.