Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pathy(Homeo)

I like Western medicine.  You take an aspirin and the pain goes away. But I got talking with my neighbor the other day who is expecting her fourth child.  She's always had a hard time getting pregnant and has been very open with me as I've had my own struggles.  Her other children have come to her via invasive procedures but at least she got them.  This new little one came via homeopathic means.  When she told them, "I don't get pregnant." She did.  On the first try.

Since we want to try a few months on our own before IUI, I decided I wanted to check them out and use all the help we could get.  Ironically, my former mission companion called me this past weekend and has started her own practice doing this.  So it was kind of all thrown in my face and really got me thinking.

I had Friday off from work and made an appointment to "map my meridians."  Each body, animal and probably living thing has meridian lines like the earth.  Meridian lines are "energy" that runs through it that is picked up with electricity.  The lady used this instrument over my meridian lines in my hands and feet which tell how specific body parts are functioning.  Sounds crazy huh?  Acupuncturists place needles in specific meridian lines to do their job.

I went in optimistically skeptical.  It was amazing to see how the computer picked up on everything going on in my body (nervous system - low = anxiety, connective tissue - high = surgery recovery, adrenal glands - LOW = toxic estrogen, liver - high = working overtime trying to flush out toxins).  Dallin was skeptical because those are all things they could have seen from my chart.  What really got me was that they could see how tired I was and she asked me if I had a foggy head (I could see it on the computer too).  YES!  I haven't told anybody because I thought I was just getting old, but ever since I started anxiety medicine years and years ago, I've just felt dumb.  Words and ideas don't come to me very quickly or easily, I have a hard time concentrating, etc.  Well guess what?  There's a vitamin supplement for that.  Additional supplements will also re-teach my brain how to make serotonin so I can leave my anxiety medicine behind for good.

I'm on all sorts of vitamin supplements this month to flush my body of the toxins it has in it.  Mainly, hormonal toxins that would make it impossible to carry a baby even if I did get pregnant.  The shake I have to drink 2x day is awful.  I gag every time.  And it's only Day 2 of 30.  I'm also on a very restrictive diet for the next 2-4 weeks (no dairy, no sugar, no white flour, no potatoes, no soda).  I'd already given up soda within the last week to help Dallin with his goals but the whole no dairy thing is hard.  But it's a good thing to focus on.  Eating to fuel instead of eating to eat.  I have to be so conscientious of everything I put in my body and when I went to the grocery store, I realized how hard it is to find something healthy that I can eat.  But it should help me lose weight too so I'm all for it.

They also said my fibriod grew and developed because of the toxic levels of hormones in my body.  Makes sense since that's what those things thrive on.  She has a 98% fertility rate as long as all your parts function and they said they'll have me pregnant by May, June at the very latest.  So I'm giving it a shot.  What I've learned from the years it took my fibriod to grow, is that everyone just put a bandaid on the problem.  Take this pill and that pill to treat the symptoms but nobody ever got to the bottom of things.  And I want to get to the bottom of things now.  I need to get to the bottom of things.

So here's to hoping.  If anybody's interested, it's The Health Spot in West Jordan.  I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Suz said...

It is definitely worth a try. I an tell you just taking Magnesium daily has made a difference for me. Let me know what she recommended for anxiety.

rozanny said...

I kind of have a doctor like this too... He's an accupressurist/chiropractor... I call him my Voodoo witch doctor. He's gotten rid of my insulin resistence and my Sammy's food allergies... Good luck! I hope it works for you!

Ann said...

Amy just as everything came in line for you, reading this is doing the same for me. I too want to know what they suggest taking for the anxiety. I've been told to get on anti anxiety meds but I would like to see if it's hormonal first, or my adrenals, before I take meds. So when you know what to take to help with your seratonin levels let me know! I am going to look up that place on the net. Thank you!!

I'm so glad that everything so far as really worked out for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers always and hope this place can help you with getting pregnant soon!

AJ and Cindy said...

I am so excited about this for you1 I can't wait to hear how things turn out. It sounds so interesting. I totally need that foggy head pill! I am also glad you got to eat Cafe Rio before hand in case that is on the no-no list for a while :)