Sunday, January 29, 2012

Today, 365 Days Ago

A year ago today, we welcomed sweet Maggie to our family. She is such a loving pup, the adjustment to her new home took her no time at all. I can't believe how little she used to be (and was even littler before we got her!) You can see on the picture below her sitting on Dallin's lap, the day we got her. My, she is not that little anymore.

She's 65 lbs. of pure muscle and love. Lots of people and dogs are intimidated by her but she is more scared of them. She loves kids because they are about her size and are easier to kiss. She kisses EVERYONE.



The few times she's spent the night in the hospital, we've commented on how empty and weird the house seems. She really livens it up and completes us as a family right now. She's filled a big void in my life currently, and I just love her so much. She had 3 seizures today so we're hoping it's an isolated incident because it's about more than I can handle right now.


Our little Mags still enjoys: chasing her foot while rocking in a circle, eating snow, chasing leaves and birds, barking at the vacuum, eating, treats, playing tug-of-war, eating, treats, snuggling in the morning, eating, treats, walks and new toys she can chew.


She is my first experience with animals/pets/dogs and has been so much fun. She keeps us laughing all the time. I never understood how a pet becomes part of your family until now. We love our puppy. Happy anniversary Maggie!


Love,

Mom & Dad

5 comments:

Shelly said...

She sure is cute and I love reading your stories about her. You should take her down to your parents house sometime when I'm down at my parents house cause I'd love to meet her!

Ann said...

Happy annivesary! I can't believe it's been a year already. I feel bad that your first experience with a pet has been kind of rough for you though. I'm glad that she has been with you guys however to take such great care of her! You guys are awesome!

Suz said...

Love the pictures of when she was mini-Maggie. I was thinking of you today. Hope all is going well.

Mer said...

Your probably thought my family was so crazy for how much we loved/pampered Shasta and Sophie. But it sounds like you're joined the team of dog lovers.

Lyman Life said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute little big pup :)