Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tumor Free

Got the results back from my brain MRI. No tumors! There is a small cyst on my pituitary but it's less than 3 mm and it's nothing to be concerned about. Actually quite normal. They weren't going to do brain surgery anyway, so it'll just get to hang out there and do nothing. So I started the medicine to lower my Prolactin and I'm glad I went to bed right after because I woke up and the room was spinning. I got up this morning and felt like trash but it wore off throughout the day. I'll go back in a couple weeks to see how my body is responding.

The bad news is that I can't even get in for a consult with the surgeon until March 27. Eight long weeks away. I'd really like to get this over with and move on with my life. Plus, we can't start fertility treatments until 2 months after so it's going to be a LOT of waiting. **If anyone knows anyone who has any pull at the U and can get me in sooner, please let me know!!** Who knows how long I'll have to wait for surgery after that. They just really want me to go to this guy because he specializes in laparoscopic surgery and uterine fibroids. So he's worth waiting for. It's just frustrating.

They said we could start our fertility treatments if we'd like. They aren't sure how the fibroid is affecting my fertility but they are concerned it would complicate a pregnancy significantly. Especially since these things grow on estrogen and it's already taking up a lot of room. I'd rather wait and start with a clean slate than risking losing a pregnancy after all our hard work to get there. So I ask for your extra prayers again, that we'll be able to get in to the doctor sooner and get our next journey started.

6 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

That is wonderful news!! Isn't it ridiculous how long it takes to get in to see a doctor?!?!!! Hope you can get in sooner!!

Shelly said...

That's great news! Good luck with speeding up the Dr. appointment.

Kristin said...

Oh, Amy! We will have to swap prolactin-medication stories next time I see you. I remember my doctor telling me, "Do not get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night alone." I thought he was crazy. He was right. ;) So glad you're getting good news! Hope you don't actually have to wait for so stinkin' long for the next step!
-Kristin Brown

rozanny said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!

Suz said...

March seems so far away! I'm glad you got good news with the MRI.

AJ and Cindy said...

Ah! This is such good news. You are such a fighter, and I can't imagine going through what you have lately. You will be in our thoughts and prayers!