Oh man, last night was the WORST night. For some reason Dallin and I both semi-woke up around 3:45 a.m. and I noticed the TV was on so I was looking around for the remote in bed which woke me up more. Dallin asked me what time it was and I told him and I heard Maggie stir so I listened since she's been a pill lately. It sounded like she was ripping up her puppy pad so I went down there and she was shaking. I thought it was a nightmare but when I got closer her eyes were rolled back in her head and she was foaming at the mouth and shaking so hard. She was having a full on Grand Mal seizure. I'll never forget the sound of the rattling of her crate...
I went and got Dallin and I've never seen him pop out of bed so fast. She was really disoriented for a few minutes afterward and then perked up to her normal self. Luckily it only lasted less than a minute and she perked up within five minutes. I called the ER and decided not to take her in and brought her to bed with us since our vet would be in in a few hours. I dropped her off at the vet this morning so they can keep an eye on her and we can figure out what's going on. I think the throw up yesterday morning was actually foam from another seizure. I don't know what's going on but it was the scariest thing I've ever witnessed in my life. I really thought she was going to die right in front of me. I didn't go back to sleep because every little sound she made sent me into a panic.
The vet called a while ago and she's doing fine and hasn't had another episode. They're running blood work on her to see if it was caused by low blood sugar from the new food we're feeding her, or if there's a liver problem or epilepsy. All I know is that I never want to witness another one of those again. I felt so helpless, it was the worst thing ever. Pray for my pup that she's recover fully and be back to normal with no lasting side effects.

5 comments:
Hope everything's okay!
I know the feeling. Maggie is so lucky to have you and Dallin to take care of her. I hope they can figure things out fast.
Oh, sad! I'm sorry you had to witness that! Poor Maggie! I hope she recovers soon. Sending prayer your way!
Poor Maggie! So scary! I hope you figure out what caused it.
That is so sad. I have never heard of that. It is amazing you got up. You two are the cutest parents!!! I hope she is going to be ok.
Post a Comment