Sunday, August 7, 2011

Harmon's

I loved this weekend. I thought it was entirely too much fun! Friday night we started out with date night at the new Harmon's by our house. This grocery store is an EXPERIENCE. It's huge and clean and bright and has all sorts of food stations. This date night entailed a reserved table for their Greek extravaganza. My mother-in-law suggested we invite grandpa, since he's Greek and all.

We started out with homemade pita chips and hummus. They also served licorice lemonade. Since there is something in licorice that makes me puke without fail, they gave me a different lemonade which was more like a mojito lemonade with mint. Then we had the traditional Greek lemon/rice soup (yummm) and a Greek salad. They gave us a palate cleanser of peach sorbet and brought out the entrees of moussaka (Americanized and therefore good. The real stuff is not good) and pork souvlaki. Dessert was fresh Baklava. We stuffed ourselves silly! Afterward, grandpa wanted to take a little tour of the store in their motorized carts. He's so funny. :)

Saturday I was able to visit one of my old roommates and her new baby. There is nothing like a new baby! They are perfect! We headed to the Real soccer game with Thomas and Angela. It was so fun because I ran into some friends from school, a past job and my current job!

We sat right behind the goal in the north endzone. During practice before the game, there were countless soccer balls kicked into the stands. I guess that's why people don't sit in those seats until right before the game. It was dangerous! During the game there were balls that zoomed right toward me head. While everyone ducked, this guy in front of us (with a broken arm!) would stand up and take the hit and punch the ball away. He saved my life twice. There is nothing like an 80 mph soccer ball beelining it for your head to get your heart racing! Real won 3-0 and it was a really fun game.

To top it all off, our nursery kids were angels today. They were so quiet and good that one little girl fell asleep on the floor for an hour. They extended snack time to the point where we only had time to sing 3 songs before they got picked up. Ah, I love those kiddos!

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

sounds like a fun weekend, licorice lemonade actually sounds kinda interesting :)it was fun to run into you guys, let's for sure plan a lunch date soon!

PS...when I first read the title of your post I thought it said "hormones" hahah

Suz said...

Your Grandpa is so adorable. It looks like Harmon's is a great destination.