Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hospital - UPDATED

Maggie did fine at the hospital and didn't have any other episodes. All her blood work came back normal so we're leaning toward a neurological disorder, probably epilepsy. The awful part is that we just have to wait for it to happen again and see if any sort of pattern develops and make sure they're not worse and more frequent. If it does then we'll start her on medication. I'm not sure I can handle seeing another one. I was a mess all day and needless to say, my anxiety was off the charts.

Last night I slept on the couch to keep an ear out and every little move she made got my heart pumping so I didn't get much sleep. Around 3:30 a.m. she threw up but didn't seize. So maybe she got into something toxic? We were with her outside the whole time (jogging, so not a lot of time to stop and eat anything) and she was in her area all day.

So we're not left with many answers, just grateful that she is ok at the moment and praying that it was some fluke "perfect storm" and that it never happens again.

No comments: