Thursday, November 4, 2010

Till We Meet Again

My little bro left for the MTC yesterday. This picture was taken a couple weeks ago as our last hurrah.

I’m just so proud of him. For as immature as he’s always been, he’s really stepped up to the plate and I’m so proud of him for committing and doing it. Being on the other side of sending a missionary off now that I’ve been one is an interesting perspective. You really realize how much they sacrifice, even in spite of whether it’s expected or not. Yesterday, this one stranger, who is a convert, gave me a hug for just being a missionary. I don’t know, I guess my heart is so full. I’ve been talking to Fernando a lot and his friend (I taught him a little bit too) just got home from a mission in Bolivia and I just can’t describe how wonderful it is talking to these kids. I feel even more blessed just knowing them. The small sacrifice it was to serve was worth every minute.

1 comment:

Laura said...

i have chills!

Prayers for your brother and other missionaries out doing the work of the Lord!