Thursday, November 18, 2010

Terror

I think it's well documented and known that I'm terrified of spiders. I don't know when it started or why but I've always HATED them. Despised them. I know I'm bigger than they are. I know they won't bite me. They are just icky and gross and creepy and give me the heebie jeebies.
So imagine my horror today when I got in my car to go to lunch and drive off and see this "thing" floating around in my car. At first I think it is just a fuzzy and reach out to grab it and much to my dismay, it's a white little spider dangling from an invisible thread from my passenger side visor. AUGH!!
I quickly panic and have to collect my thoughts and the demon is SWINGING back and forth threatening to land on my arm. I finally realize I have a shoe on and I'll just smash it. At that very moment I get the green arrow and can't and have to drive and it's swinging more! I quickly pull over to the side of the road and bang the crap out of this thing. I felt utterly helpless in such a crisis. I had shivers run up and down my spine intermittently for the next 15 minutes. But I survived. He did not.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Raid, a match and a big pot...that is all I'm going to say.

rozanny said...

I'm glad that you're the one that survived that encounter!

Suz said...

We had one in my car on our last road trip. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw it climbing on the window. Seth was a sweetheart and killed it for me...I love him.