Thursday, March 25, 2010

Government

I don't get super involved with politics. I do my civic duty but let those who were elected run the country. I'm not so sure that's the way to go anymore. There are a few hot-button items on my agenda and healthcare is one of them. The slimy way this bill was forced through has got my panties in a bunch.

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE WAITED 6 MORE MONTHS UNTIL EVERYBODY UNDERSTOOD IT? Where it was still being written the day it was signed (in the middle of the night) and the President and his advisors admitted to not even fully knowing what was included in it, you have to understand that lawmakers made horribly political deals for their own self-benefit and gain without a second thought to the benefit or welfare of you, me or the un-insured.

Because Obama still has no deeds to his name and, according to the AP, he personally visited and "threatened" all the fence-sitting Dems that they would be ousted in November if they didn't put this through and it would "cripple" his presidency. That's why such underhanded deals were passed such as Nebraska getting double Medicaid dollars and in turn they'd vote it through (and Michigan, etc. etc).

Don't get me wrong, I think something needs to be done about healthcare, but not in a backhanded, shove down our throats way. Did you not notice that Massachusetts, the BLUEST state in the union voted a REPUBLICAN senator for the first time in a half-century they were so opposed to the healthcare bill? Where's our voice and why don't the American people count? Corruption abounds, anybody else thinking of the Lamanites and destruction?

The insurance costs are high because of rising medical costs but that is not the focus and isn't going to change. I think the pre-existing conditions crap is a load of bull and that everyone should have access, but it NOT our country's responsibility to insure everyone a job, car, insurance, etc. for anybody. That is YOUR responsibility aka "The American Dream." So make it available to everyone but you can't REQUIRE it, totally unconstitutional. Don't give free-loaders another excuse to stay on their lazy a's and be rewarded for it.

Let's be honest. The Government is a BUSINESS, that is why they shouldn't be making such decisions. Obviously they had their own pocketbooks and political careers in mind when they voted this through. The Government also runs the Post Office. Help us all. You all know how I feel about the Post Office. And that's what healthcare is going to turn in to. Long lines, horrible customer service, and BANKRUPT.

I have many family members who have experienced socialized healthcare in various countries throughout the world and none of them would wish it on anybody. Including our dear government officials who are exempt from the healthcare they so kindly are requiring of us. My dad lay in the hall of an English hospital on a too-small gurney until "somebody discharged or died." He waited a DAY. So to get even respectable coverage, we're all going to be paying out of the pocket for it, even more than we already are.

What a dark day in history it is for our Country that was once a Republic where it was suppose to represent the people; the law makers did what they wanted anyway. I only hope that this doesn't lead to the path that will ultimately destroy our great nation & Constitution. I don't think this kind of healthcare and politics was what our forefathers had in mind.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=33826

4 comments:

Megan and Cory said...

We just had this conversation with my family. It makes me sick to my stomach. The fact that the people we elected to represent us are stabbing us in the back makes me want to vomit. Literally. People have gone to great lengths to make it known we DO NOT want this healthcare bill. But they didn't give a rats because they want power and money. And they're not even going to try and hide it. Here's what I love, our VICE PRESIDENT dropping the "f-bomb" in front of the entire nation and then our PRESIDENT saying he wishes he was the one who had said it. We're on the fast track towards the very, very last days. It scares the heck out of me.

Maria said...

AMEN!

Tristan Takos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tristan Takos said...

I just bought a Healthcare is a BFD shirt :) I love to hear your opinions, even though they are very different from mine. I hope we're still friends even though I was part of the Obamacare team. I heart Socialism...
xoxo