Monday, March 22, 2010

Go, Go, Go

This is what happens after you run 10 miles and drink Blueberry & Pomegranate G2:


The only reason I was crazy enough to run that far is that the half marathon is 13.1 miles so I figured I better know what I'm getting myself in to. I was really proud of my body and actually feel like I overcame my mental block. Ugh, minds. It's amazing once you push your body past the point your mind says to stop. It's like everything is more sensitive, your smell, your touch, your taste, your vision and it's freaking awesome. I am constantly in awe of my body now. So it may not fit into my jeans (still) but wow, it's been doing things I never thought possible and it amazes me.

3 comments:

Suz said...

You are AMAZING! I'm going to have to try that kind of gatorade.

rozanny said...

Good for you! Which half are you running? I'm trying for the Bear Lake Half in June.

Maria said...

I'm past the point of worrying as much about fitting in a certain pair of jeans. The best way to feel great is to appreciate what your body really is capable of accomplishing. It's been awhile since I've done a race, but it's awesome to feel like you did more than you thought you could. Way to go!