Friday, March 5, 2010

Gray

So I almost had a heart attack the other day. Not because I'm old and gray, but because I thought I saw a gray hair! With my hair dark now, my re-growth isn't as noticeable but my roots have a blond undertone (where the dye has a red undertone) and so the regrowth blond looked gray in the light against the dye! AUGH!

Dallin was so stoked that he searched high and low of the gray hair we thought we saw. Luckily it was a false alarm. I have my dad's coloring and he's barely going gray and in his early 50s. My mom started going gray in her early 20s (sorry, telling secrets!) so I knew it was a possibility but figured 50 was more likely for me. Hopefully it still is!

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

How funny! I have a friend who is about 25, and her hairdresser told her she had gray hair, she about died!

Maria said...

That totally happened to me when I went darker. My natural color is kind of an ash blonde color right now (used to be a nice shade of blonde - stupid aging) but I was always paranoid the regrowth looked too gray-ish. My sister (who colors my hair) gets a kick out of my paranoia since she has yet to find a gray hair on my head. It doesn't help that I'm the oldest sister though! I guess I'm still holding onto what youth I have left. ;)