
Last week my sister-in-law and I went to Heartland Paper and made this really cute craft. I'm not the crafty type but my mother-in-law gave us this craft for Christmas. I have her to thank for all my wood projects around my house. We got the letters a few days before and
Dallin loves sanding so I let him. (I hate sanding). Then I painted the letters and at the class we cut out the paper and mod-
podged the paper and tied on ribbons. The cute little heart has vinyl
spackling on it to make it look like frosting on a wood "sugar cookie." That is my favorite part. Sometimes I want to take a bite out of it and have to remind myself that it's actually wood. But I thought it turned out super cute! Maybe I'll even go to more of those classes...
Friday we went to the Jazz game. One of my vendors gave us tickets and we had a blast! What was even more funny was that our friends Ty and Shannon had been given tickets by her vendor which is the same company so we got to sit by each other at the game!
The food was awesome and we had such a good time! If you look at the picture below and see the man

standing up with gray hair - that is Elder
Uchtdorf! Glad to know he likes the Jazz too. He was so kind and gracious to talk to and shake
everybody's hand who wanted to shake his. So cool.

Saturday was my grandma's funeral and viewing. She looked so beautiful. As sweet as it was, it was hard to see so many people you love hurting. It was a long day but at least we got to eat at Sizzler instead of Golden Corral this time. Priorities right? We have a tradition to take flowers out of the bouquets people sent and take them home with us and make our own bouquet. This is the one I made. I love having fresh flowers on the table.

2 comments:
I love the wood craft too. I'm not very crafty either, but when someone helps me out, I love doing crafts and I definitely LOVE having them in my home.
Cool that Elder Uchdorf was at the game and that you ended up sitting by friends. Small world! :)
I'm glad the funeral went okay, even though it was difficult. The bouquet you made is really pretty. That's a really cool tradition. I LOVE having fresh flowers too, although it's definitely a rare thing in our house.
I love the bouquet that you made... I love those kind of flowers! And I'm so glad that your grandma's funeral went so well. It is kind of nice that your grandparents went together. That's how I'd want to go. Both of my grandparents that have died and left spouses... well, lets just say that it's like watching the spirit and gusto being sucked out of them.
Post a Comment