Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's

This post is a little montage of what we've been up to. During my bereavement time, my mom and I went to get pedicures then went out to lunch. Dallin couldn't wake up that morning so I made him call in sick so he met up with us too. He wanted to share some pancakes with me so we went to this place called Sill's and I ordered three pancakes. This is what came out. I ate half of one and he didn't eat a bite! I took them home (in two take-out boxes) and ate the other half for dinner and chucked them. They were really great, just insanely huge. I felt like I was on an episode of Man vs. Food from the Travel channel (one of my favs!)
We also had a Super Bowl party with both our families. I made these cupcakes with little football mints. It was kind of a fun project until I had to squish the sprinkles on for the laces. It was hard! But they did turn out delicious. I'm so glad our families like each other and we can all get together.

Valentines weekend, my super cute hubby asked me out on a date -officially. Since we've been married we're built-in date partners so I thought it was so sweet of him to actually ask me out. He came home with these flowers too. Red roses are always my favorite!

We went to dinner at Aristos. We've gone there every Valentine's Day. I can't believe this is our third Valentine's together. We actually ended up at the table next to his parents who were just finishing. Another "small world" encounter for us. The hostess thought that was super awkward and acted such but I assured her that I really do like his parents. She continued to insist on sitting us elsewhere but I told her it was fine. I love Greek food and this place is creme de la creme but this year, it was really loud, they ran out of menus and after I'd eaten most of my meal, I noticed that part of the chicken was raw and desperately hoped that I didn't eat any raw chicken! I think I would have noticed, but it but my tummy on red-alert for the next 24 hours. At least we got a free dessert. Raw chicken gives me the heebie-jeebies. Afterward, we went home and watched the Opening Ceremonies.

Saturday I went out to lunch with some girlfriends and stopped to see my grandparents who are still alive. Dallin volunteered to watch our friends' baby so I rushed home to help him out. He was so great and we had a fun time playing with the munchkin. I could just eat his cheeks off!
Actual V-day, I got to hang out with these little monkeys. They were really good. Happy Heart Day to you - love you all!









2 comments:

nateandalliewilcox said...

What a fun time, pedicures and dates with your hubby!

AJ and Cindy said...

those pancakes look delicious! where is that place located? sounds like you had a great Valentine's!