Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vomit

Today we had two different kids cry so hard in nursery that they spit up/threw up. One kid, his mom wasn't so worried and it seemed like it was just a reaction to the milk in his cereal and he seems to be allergic to it. Luckily, he quit crying and froze in place for about two minutes so I could clean him up then he was off and running.

The other, he's new and doesn't like nursery. The second he's in the hallway, he's fine, but there is something about that room that sets him off. He was crying, albeit not hysterically, when I looked down and he had fluid (barf) all over his hands and clothes. I cleaned him up and took him to his mom.

EWWWWW. I washed and washed and washed my hands. I don't know how moms do it with REAL throw up and lots of it. That is the part I dread most in the future. I hate throw up.

4 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! I wouldn't have tried to clean it up... i would have just taken them to their mom to clean them up. I don't do good with throw up with my own kids! You guys are angels to be in there. Seriously!

Maria said...

Gross! It's disgusting no matter what, but there's something about being a mom that makes it a little easier when it's your own kids. But yeah, hard to deal with other kids' vomit in nursery. Sorry!

Suz said...

I love this story! I know you don't do well with vomit. You are really a trooper.

rozanny said...

That used to be me... I couldn't even stand it if a kid sucked on his moms finger... I thought that's why kids get sick all the time... duh! Well... now I let my baby suck on my finger. I figure that rather that than let him cry while we're in the middle of sacrament meeting. And as for other fluids... they don't bug me nearly as much as poop does...yuck!