Thursday, January 28, 2010

Obituary

Elizabeth Winter Moore "Betty" 1916 ~ 2010 Our English Rose, Elizabeth (Betty) Winter Moore, returned into the loving arms of her husband on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 only 27 days after he departed this life. Her infant daughter was also waiting to once again feel the loving embrace of her mother's arms.Elizabeth was born July 10, 1916 in Gateshead, Durham, England. The fourth child of nine children of George Young Winter and Margaret Ann Barbara Hutchinson Winter. Elizabeth served in the British NAAFE (similar to the USO) during World War II. While serving in Belgium, she met her eternal companion, Ray Hill Moore. After World War II, Ray and Elizabeth were married and sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple on October 16, 1946. They are the parents of five children, Ray W. (Vicky), David W. (Tamra), Gary W. (Jana), Victoria, and Kent W. (Barbara). Elizabeth worked for many years at the wedding registry gift wrapping at ZCMI. Elizabeth served with all her heart in many church callings in the Relief Society and Primary. Elizabeth and Ray served as senior missionaries in the Charlotte North Carolina Mission and in the Salt Lake Liberty Stake. Elizabeth was the sweetest and kindest mother and mother-in-law anyone could ask for. She nurtured her family with love and her chocolate chip cookies at Sunday evening get-togethers. Ice cream and raspberries were also favorites. Elizabeth is survived by her sister, Dorothy, her four sons and daughters-in-law, 16 grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her husband, Ray, her parents, her five brothers, Staynor, George, Fred, Sidney, and Douglas, and three of her sisters, Lydia, Evelyn and Margeret, her daughter Victoria, a great-grandson, Zachary. Viewing with be at the Parley's 5th Ward Building, 2625 E. Stringham Avenue (2295 S), Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Funeral services will follow at 12:00 noon. Interment at Payson Cemetery.


I'm glad my grandma and grandpa are back together again but going to another funeral will not fun. :(

4 comments:

Laura said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma! But like you said, its great they are back together.

Prayers and thoughts are with you!

Shelly said...

Amy, I'm sorry to hear you lost another grandparent so soon. I was talking to your parents tonight and it was really cool to hear the story of how your grandparents met, and now that the temple is going to be in Payson I'm sure they will have lots of visitors. Good luck at the funeral, I agree they're not fun.

rozanny said...

What a month! I'm sorry Amy!

Maria said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's definitely been a rough year for you. But yeah, I bet your grandma is so happy to be reunited with her husband. :)