Sunday, January 17, 2010

One Year

Yesterday Dallin and I celebrated our one year anniversary! I have to say it's been the best year of my life. Without him, it probably would have been one of the worst but he elevated it to one of the best. I am so grateful to having a loving husband by my side who is truly my best friend and I don't know what I ever did to get so lucky. We really know that we were meant to spent our lives and eternity together.
We started out the day pretty lazy and chill and ran a few errands. We went to the temple Friday night to remember our amazing wedding day. Saturday we had dinner at The Roof in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. Our table overlooked the temple and the restaurant is on the same floor that our reception was on. We went and peeked in the room and there was another reception going on which was fun to watch for a minute and reminisce. It's a lot easier to take it all in when you're on the outside looking in. Dinner was amazing and we stuffed ourselves silly. I couldn't even bend my stomach. The guy who did our wedding video was actually our waiter and gave us a discount. He was so nice!

Our activity was a surprise until Dallin figured it out. We got amazing seats to the Jazz vs. Bucks. I found a website (actionticketsutah.com) where I got tickets under face value and without any additional service charges. We sat on the 8th row! It was a fun game and the Jazz won. It was so awesome to be so close to the action.

We got home and cut the top layer of our wedding cake that my mom had so graciously froze and stored. It was so delicious! I actually got to enjoy it instead of scarfing it so I could throw my bouquet. It's almond poppyseed from Schmidts. Maybe the best cake ever - yum!

7 comments:

Shelly said...

So fun, I'm glad you've had a great year!

Christy said...

Happy anniversary! You make a great couple!

rozanny said...

Happy anniversary! Can you believe that it goes by so fast! But yet it feels like you were always married at the same time.

AJ and Cindy said...

thanks for stopping by our blog! I remember you from the ward, congrats on your first year of marriage, isn't it wonderful! :)

The Pachuilo Family said...

Hey how are you? It looks like your doing really well and super Happy! I added you to our list so this way we can keep up on each other.

sexychoco said...

You two are so cute! Happy Anniversary!

Maria said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already either. Congrats!