So my dear, sweet husband is helping me with my fear of spiders. I have found one in the garage and two in the house this past weekend - which is unacceptable. I guess there are a lot of spiders in Farmington and nobody told me or I seriously may have reconsidered our location. So yesterday we bought a Fogger and spray. We are going to fog the house and it'll kill any bugs inside. Then we are going to spray the doorways with the insecticide so none will come in. Sorry little guys, you are NOT welcome in my house - ever. I don't know how I survived my mission. Actually, I do. I prayed every morning (seriously) that as long as I was obedient, I wouldn't see a spider, especially the ones the size of my face. We were graced with one in our apartment once, but I huddled in a corner under a sheet while the new hermana (thanks Shannon!) was introduced to Ecuador and it's living creatures with a can of Raid and a match. The only proof I have of such an encounter was a picture that makes me throw up in my mouth. I also pull it out to show people and get sympathy. :) So if you soon come to our house, it'll be bug bombed and spider-free.
We also survived 18 legs of terror in nursery this past Sunday. We had 9 little kids and three adults wrangling them all in. They were actually really good. We had a couple meltdowns since we're the new people and are still strangers, but one little girl is being taught bilingual so it was fun to speak Spanish to her and she eventually calmed down. She only speaks Spanish to me now, good thing I know what the words are! They are adorable, precious little kids though. When two were sad and screaming, a sweet little boy came up and said, "Happy" to them, trying to cheer them up. My heart melted. He may have read ahead in the lesson book because that's what our lesson was on, being happy! They also called a picture of President Monson, "Jesus" but it was a nice try. We'll work on that one. And who knew that Ring Around the Rosies is such a big hit! We had fun and I enjoy getting to see their little personalities and hang out with them for 2 hours each Sunday even though it's exhausting. So far, it's been a really effective birth control. :) Our talks went well too. And now it's all over! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!
2 comments:
funny about the nursery!! cute kids! And if you ever need someone to kill any spiders, i'm your girl. I don't mind them actually. They don't scare me...so let me know ;)
You're welcome! I still think it's funny that the one new sister, who had been in the mission field for about 3 weeks, was the only one who would go near the thing! Good times.
Post a Comment