Friday, May 1, 2009

Bee's Knees

So you probably don't care, but for the sake of those who get sore knees running, I thought I'd post this to help out. I went to the Sports Medicine doctor this week and I am slightly knock-kneed. This is pretty common in women since we have wider pelvises so our legs come in at a V. I also walk on the insides of my feet to compensate for this. I don't have a large space between my knee cap and joint so the cartilage is rubbing causing my pain. So the cure is to strength my quads which will hopefully straighten my kneecaps back out and thus cure the pain. My quads used to be ripped, no wonder it never hurt when I ran before. Now they're not, I wonder when that happened...?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy you are so hilarious! I am sorry about the sore knees. Good for you for starting to run, I need to get in shape. I ate too much!!!!