My dad got a job!! He'll start as CEO of a credit union in Provo on June 1. I'm really excited for him. It'll be a challenge to turn the credit union around, but if anyone can do it, my dad can. He has the experience and leadership to do so and he's finally living his dream of being a CEO. Awesome! The commute to Provo probably won't be so fun, but at least he's employed and it seems like a really good fit for him. And they WANT him. I'm super proud of him and happy that stress of umemployment is off of him.
So after months of speculation, I finally (officially) found out that my co-worker is gay. Now, I have no problem with this, but I guess there is this whole ettiquete when someone comes out to you that I had no idea about. I've known gay people, etc. but have never had some one come out to me. It makes me feel good that he trusts me enough to finally share this information with me. After numerous comments about guy's shoes, he's been opening up about cute guys we'll see on the street and I asked him about a horrible date he had and referred to his date as a him - confirmed. So I guess you're supposed to acknowledge that he's gay and not play it off like I did. It's just like a girl telling me, I like boys, so I just ignored the information and went on my business. I haven't treated him any differently so that's why I didn't acknowledge or make a big deal out of it. All these things I am learning.
1 comment:
That's wonderful that your dad got the job! I ran into him at Costco last weekend and it sounded like it was headed that direction. I'll bet he'll enjoy it!
Post a Comment