I ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday with 18,000 other people in downtown Salt Lake City. This is the second year I have ran it and it was so much fun being able to run it with Andy, Brian, Greg, Suz, Mary and Allie. Somehow I got left in the dust and when I hit the mile marker in 8 minutes, I knew I was going much faster than the pace I needed to set. So I slowed it down and eventually caught up to Greg. It was so fun to run the rest of the way with him. It kept me motivated and he said it kept him going too.
It really is amazing to be surrounded by so many people united for one cause. It's the biggest grass roots movement in the world and they said they are anticipating a cure for breast cancer in the next 10 years. Isn't that amazing?! My mom would like to forget that part of her life, but I think I convinced her next year to celebrate her life and how that trial made her a better person and be apart of that sisterhood of survivors. We ran in celebration of her!
I'm happy to say my knees held up quite well. I was a little sore the rest of the weekend from pounding the pavement. I did treat myself to a nice pedicure afterward though. :) I started physical therapy today and my pelvis is rotated so they say it's an easy fix and I'll be as good as new. I will not be posting any pictures of me running as to not scare any small children.
Also, I had a great Mother's Day with the best mom and mother-in-law in the whole world! We got to talk to my brother-in-law on a mission in Argentina and it was so inspiring to hear how enthusiastic and happy he is. Brought back all sorts of memories from a long, long time ago. (I've been home 4 1/2 years people! Can you believe it?) But I'm so glad to be surrounded by such incredible women who are such great examples to me. They make me better and I hope I can be half of what they are.
2 comments:
Wow Amy good for you! I am jealous! I have been wanting to run something! Anything..i gotta get in shape! Congrats you are amazing!
How fun, you totally inspire me.
Post a Comment