So we booked the temple on Tuesday. They told us to choose a time so I'm hopeful they're not going to be too busy that day. We picked 11 a.m. since that seems like a decent enough time.
I was stressing because I found out the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and Lion House are closed that whole weekend for a bridal fair. HELLO! The bride is right here! I'd had it all planned out in my head so I went back to the drawing board. I started calling all these places and no one would call me back (don't you want my money?) or were rude to me so I was getting super discouraged and stressed, even though I have time. People kept telling me that January is filling up fast so I was trying to act fast.
I finally got holds placed on Rice Eccles Stadium and The Point and made an appointment with Canterbury Place in Bountiful, then my wonderful, spectacular, popular father stepped in. He made a call to his friend who is the president of Joseph Smith Hospitality and they opened up a room just for us citing, "it is no longer needed for the bridal fair." SO I GOT THE JSMB! I could have cried! Thankfully my dad is more active in planning my wedding than he was in planning his own. :)
I wouldn't have been the end of the world to find another place, but this fit right within my budget and they can do everything on-site if I choose. I felt like this HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Especially since Dallin and I are going out of town with my family this weekend and I'm booked every Saturday until November so I had no idea when I was going to find time to visit all these places and my work projects were suffering - oops.
So rest assured, I have my sealing, my building, ideas galore and my almost-husband. Not too shabby for being engaged for 5 days.
1 comment:
That is awesome! Your dad ROCKS!!!
Post a Comment