Dallin and I went to my work party at the Grand America on Saturday. It was a big fancy to-do (that's why we're dressed up) with great food, gaming tables, prizes, etc.
Afterward he said he had a friend waiting out front and there was actually a big, black limo waiting for us. We jumped in and it took us to a park in the avenues overlooking the city all lit up at night. It was really beautiful and he helped me out of the car and we walked into the park and he said some really sweet things and got down on his knee and asked me to marry him! I said yes of course, I made sure to say yes! My ring is so beautiful and we're so happy! It was such a fun, perfect night.
We tried to call the temple today but they were closed so plan on the 16th but we still have to book the SL Temple. We're already realizing what hard work it is to plan a wedding but I'm definitely up for the challenge. I think Dallin is ready to elope. :) But we're going to have fun in the process and celebrate us for the next 3 1/2 months. With the holidays and everything, I'm sure it'll b
e here before we know it.
Here is a picture of my ring. There are two wedding bands that go with it, one on the top and one on the bottom that have diamonds all around it. There are 182 diamonds to be exact on the ring! He did a beautiful job picking it out and it is so sparkly! I wake up frequently during the night just to make sure it's still there (we don't have insurance on it yet).
But I am so excited to marry Dallin. Amid all the hoopla I'm trying not to lose sight of the real reason for the celebration. It's like Christmas when you're a kid though. Hardly sleeping because you are so excited. My parents woke up all my siblings to tell them the good news at 1 a.m. and it is centered around Christ and the Gospel. I heard "Families Can Be Together Forever" on the radio yesterday and it made me tear up because I'm starting my forever family and it can't come soon enough!
3 comments:
Congrats Amy!! The ring is so pretty! Sounds like it was a super romatic night, I mean a limo! That's planning! E.Jay could take a few pointers! haha. We are happy for you two!
Your ring is beautiful!! Like you said, keep it all in perspective. The wedding day is wonderful, and should be how you want it, but it is only the beginning of your wonderful life together! Congratulations again!!!
Hey cute girl! What a fun blog. Can I add you to mine?
Have a fun weekend in St. Jorge! :)
Post a Comment